Women who study the Word of God together in a small group experience a special kind of flourishing. We see how this works in the text of Psalm 1.
First, notice the kind of group they are not in. Women who flourish are not hanging around people who scoff at the things of God. Rather, if the converse is assumed to be true, they spend time with people who honor God’s Word.
The way they honor God’s Word is by delighting in his teaching, meditating on his laws, and considering how to live out God’s Word in their lives. This manner of deep study of the Bible forms the strong foundation of the believer.
Like living trees, women in small groups who draw their refreshment from the same source grow together, and help each other flourish through the growth cycle of the seasons:
- the dormancy of winter
- the new growth of spring
- the flourishing of summer
- the harvest of fall
Here are some of the best Bible studies for women’s small groups to help women flourish in their faith, their growth, and their fruitfulness.
Best Bible Studies for Women’s Small Groups
Women’s Small Group Studies on Books of the Bible – Foundations of Our Faith
Building a strong foundation together is important to a women’s small group. These studies on books of the Bible give women a deeper understanding of God’s Word and how to accurately interpret and apply it to our lives.
- Verse Mapping Luke, Verse Mapping Acts by Kristy Cambron
- Nothing to Prove (book of John) by Jennie Allen
- Get Out of Your Head (book of Philippians) by Jennie Allen
- Pursuing God (books of Genesis and John) by Margaret Feinberg
- I Am Loved (book of 1 John) by Wendy Blight
- Live Full, Walk Free by Cindy Bultema
Women’s Small Group Studies on Women of the Bible – Mirrors for Our Growth
As a mirror shows us our reflection, the women we study in the Bible can often be a reflection to us of ourselves as we see ourselves more clearly in their lives. Our greatest growth comes once we truly understand who we are—and who we are not.
- Known by Name Series: Naomi, Rahab, Hagar
- Twelve Women of the Bible, Twelve More Women of the Bible
- Make Your Move by Lynn Cowell
- Esther, Ruth, by Marion Ann Taylor
Women’s Small Group Studies on Living the Christian Life – Nourishment for Our Fruitfulness
The fruit a tree bears is not just a product of the harvest season—all the seasons are needed to produce fruit. In the same way, the fruit of the Christian life gets established during the darkness and silence of winter, strengthens in the challenges of spring, grows in the nourishment of summer, and feeds others from the fruitfulness of autumn.
WINTER—Women’s small group Bible studies on overcoming difficulties
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst
- Nothing Wasted by Kasey Van Norman
- So Long, Normal by Laura Story
- I Guess I Haven’t Learned That Yet by Shauna Niequist
- When Making Others Happy is Making You Miserable by Karen Ehman
- Grace Not Perfection by Emily Ley
SUMMER—Women’s small group Bible studies on growing and thriving:
- Building a Resilient Life by Rebekah Lyons
- Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle
- You Belong by Candace Payne
FALL—Women’s Bible studies on fruitfulness and maturity:
- Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- 28-Day Prayer Journey by Chrystal Evans Hurst
Your women’s small group is the best place to help women establish a foundation so they can flourish in all the seasons of their lives. By pulling Bible studies from each category of growth and sequencing them together to meet the needs of your group, over time your group will find refreshment, help each other grow, and see a fruitfulness and harvest in their walk with Christ.
Jesus and Women Bible Study Watch List [Source: ChurchSource]
Bible Studies for Women: 12 Teachers You Should Know [Source: FaithGateway]
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE STUDIES—WATCH FEATURED VIDEO TRAILERS: