NET Abide Bible - contributor Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement
Transform your personal Bible devotions into intimate, ongoing conversations with God with various Scripture engagement approaches that keep Bible reading fresh and new.
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
- Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
- Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
- Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
- Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
Abide Bible Course - Phil Collins & Randy Frazee
Discover five innovative ways to read the Bible
In this study, a professor and a pastor—Dr. Phil Collins and Randy Frazee—will walk you through five innovative practices that will take you beyond just reading and help you deeply engage with Scripture in a way that fits your unique personality and learning style. In each session, they will explain the practice and walk you through each one—with practical examples—so you can try it out for the upcoming week. These practices include:
Praying Scripture: pray with the words of Scripture instead of your own
Engage Through Art: looking at works of art to help you see a passage in a new way
Journal: writing out your thoughts and feelings on a passage to give you greater clarity
Picture It: putting yourself into the stories of the Bible to experience them firsthand
Contemplate: deeply reflecting and praying through a passage in God’s Word
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itself—with video notes, a comprehensive structure for group discussion time, daily exercises to help you engage in each practice during the week and a guide to best practices for leading a group.
- An individual access code to stream all six video sessions online (you don't need to buy a DVD!).
Watch on any device!
Streaming video access code included. Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2027. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Eligible only on retail purchases inside the United States. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.