1 Samuel-2 Kings
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Contributor(s)Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland , Ronald F. Youngblood , Richard D. Patterson , Hermann J. Austel
- About the Contributor(s) Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in...
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.
Dr. Ronald Youngblood is a graduate of Valparaiso University (BA), Fuller Theological Seminary (BD), and the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (PhD). He has served as professor of Old Testament at Bethel Seminary in St. Paul, Wheaton Graduate School, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and Bethel Seminary in San Diego, and is currently serving in the same capacity at International College and Graduate School in Honolulu. He is an associate editor of the NIV Study Bible; author of 1 and 2 Samuel in the Expositor's Bible Commentary series; and a co-translator and co-editor of the Holy Bible, New International Version. He has also edited and/or written ten other volumes, including Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary, for which he was awarded the Gold Medallion Book Award by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association. He serves as chairman of the board of directors of International Bible Society and frequently engages in preaching and teaching ministries at home�
Richard D. Patterson (PhD, University of California, Los Angeles) is distinguished professor emeritus, Liberty University. He has been involved in twelve different Bible projects either as a translator, peer reviewer, or contributor. He has written well over 100 articles for major publishers and periodicals, and has served as associate editor of Zondervan's New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis. He is currently authoring Joel and Kings (with Hermann Austel) for the second edition of the Expositor's Bible Commentary series. He and his wife, Anna, live in Simpsonville,South Carolina.
Hermann Austel was professor of Hebrew and Old Testament at Northwest Baptist Seminary. He coauthored Kings in the Expositor's Bible Commentary and was a contributor to the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis. show more
- Publish Date02/02/2010
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)3.98 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.85 lb
- Dimensions 9.44(h) x 7.63(w) x 1.88(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $37.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.