The Easter season is a special time of the year to remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us, and to be thankful for the gift of grace and salvation he offers us. But before we can really appreciate his death and resurrection, it’s important to take some time to study his life.
Studying Jesus’ life in the weeks leading up to Easter can be a powerful and meaningful way to grow in our faith. It can help us to better understand who Jesus was and the amazing impact he had on the world. Not only that, but it can also help us to better appreciate the full scope of God’s redemptive plan for us.
The Bible is full of stories that illustrate the power and love of Jesus. From his teachings and miracles to his suffering and death, there are many examples that we can look to in order to gain a greater appreciation for his life and sacrifice. By studying these stories, we can gain a better understanding of who Jesus is and the incredible work he did for us.
Over at Study Gateway we’ve curated some of our top studies for Lent and Easter. Our recommendations include three studies with accompanying free resources that would support you in creating a church-wide experience for the Easter season.
Studies Specifically for Easter on the Death and Resurrection of Jesus
- He Chose the Nails by Max Lucado - Get the Bible Study Guide (Children’s and students’ curriculums available Study Gateway)
- The Case for Easter by Lee Strobel (Sermon outlines available on Study Gateway)
- Why Easter Matters by Andy Stanley
- The Path to the Cross by Ray Vander Laan
- Death and the Resurrection of the Messiah by Ray Vander Laan
Studies on the Life of Jesus by Max Lucado
- In the Footsteps of the Savior by Max Lucado
- Jesus, The God Who Knows Your Name by Max Lucado
- 3:16 by Max Lucado (Sermon outlines and promotional materials available on Study Gateway)
Studies on Jesus by Other Popular Bible Teachers
- The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi by Kathie Lee Gifford & Rabbi Jason Sobel
- Who Is Jesus? by Louie Giglio
- Who Is This Man? by John Ortberg
- Friend of Sinners, by Rich Wilkerson, Jr.
- Jesus Is _____. by Judah Smith
- The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey