The Faith of Barack Obama Revised & Updated
- Regular price
- Sale price
Barack Obama. The speculation about his religious life abounds. Is he a closet Muslim? Is he really a Christian? Does his faith have anything to do with his governing? As the picture of President Obama’s faith has emerged over recent years, questions about the foundation of his beliefs continue to ignite debate. In this updated edition of his international bestseller The Faith of Barack Obama, Stephen Mansfield explores the claims of Obama’s detractors and supporters alike, while examining how the challenges of the presidency have shaped Obama’s religious beliefs.
This evenhanded account of the president’s spiritual life provides a closer look at the people and events that have influenced his belief system. Mansfield analyzes Obama’s friendship with the controversial Jeremiah Wright and also profiles the Christian leaders who have offered guidance and support during the president’s challenging term.
Mansfield takes you inside the religious life of Barack Obama, introducing you to the type of preaching the president hears at Camp David and even revealing details such as the content of the daily devotional readings the president receives on his cell phone. This fascinating study explains the faith elements within Obama’s politics, while acknowledging the questions about his beliefs that remain unanswered.
"You must read this perceptive and well written book. Then you will know why Barack Obama has such a passion for justice and equity, such a gift for filling people of different generations with a newfound hope that things can and will change for the better." ―ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTURead Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen Mansfield
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen Mansfield is the New York Times bestselling author of Lincoln's Battle with God, The Faith of Barack Obama, Pope...
Stephen Mansfield is the New York Times bestselling author of Lincoln's Battle with God, The Faith of Barack Obama, Pope Benedict XVI, Searching for God and Guinness, and Never Give In: The Extraordinary Character of Winston Churchill. He lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with his wife, Beverly.
- Publish Date11/22/2011
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.49 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.62 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $11.19
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.