The Case for Faith Revised Edition Video Study: Investigating the Toughest Objections to Christianity
- Regular price
- Sale price
Does believing in Christ mean refusing to ask hard questions in the midst of doubt?
Doubt is familiar territory for Lee Strobel, the former atheist and award-winning author of books for skeptics and Christians. But he believes that faith and reason go hand in hand, and that Christianity is a defensible religion.
In this six-session revised small group Bible study (guide sold separately), Strobel explores the most common emotional obstacles to faith in Christ. These include the natural inclination to wrestle with faith and doubt, the troubling presence of evil and suffering in the world, and the exclusivity of the Christian gospel. They also include this compelling question: Can I doubt and be a Christian?
Through compelling personal stories and experts testimony combined with reflection and interaction, Christians and spiritual seekers will learn how to overcome these obstacles, deepen their spiritual convictions, and find new confidence that Christianity is a reasonable faith.
- The Challenge of Faith (15:00)
- Dealing with Doubt (13:00)
- Evil and Suffering, Part 1 (14:00)
- Evil and Suffering, Part 2 (32:30)
- Why Is Jesus the Only Way to God? (10:00)
- The Power of Faith (18:30)
Designed for use with The Case for Faith Study Guide Revised Edition 9780310698807 (sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lee Strobel , Garry D. Poole
- About the Contributor(s) Atheist-turned-Christian Lee Strobel, former award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune, is a New York Times bestselling author of more...
Atheist-turned-Christian Lee Strobel, former award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune, is a New York Times bestselling author of more than forty books and curricula that have sold fourteen million copies. He was described in the Washington Post as “one of the evangelical community’s most popular apologists.” He currently leads the Lee Strobel Center for Evangelism and Applied Apologetics at Colorado Christian University. He and Leslie have been married forty-eight years. Visit him at LeeStrobel.com.
As Willow Creek Community Church's key evangelism leader for over sixteen years, Garry Poole is the innovator of seeker small groups and a strategist of creative outreach initiatives. Passionate about reaching people for Christ, Garry and his team have trained thousands of leaders to launch seeker small groups in their own settings. His award-winning book, Seeker Small Groups, provides a detailed blueprint for facilitating small group discussions that assist spiritual seekers with investigating Christianity. He also wrote The Complete Book of Questions, a collection of 1001 conversation starters and numerous group study guides including The Three Habits of Highly Contagious Christians; The Tough Questions Series, and Experiencing the Passion of Jesus (with Lee Strobel) to accompany Mel Gibson’s film, The Passion of the Christ. In 2005, it became the first discussion guide ever to receive the prestigious Charles “Kip” Jordon Christian Book of the Year award. Garry lives in suburban Chicago.show more
- Publish Date12/23/2013
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.18 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)5.42 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Running Time01:39:00
- Price $13.50
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.