On the Far Side of Liglig Mountain: Adventures of an American Family in Nepal
- Regular price
- Sale price
On the Far Side of Liglig Mountain is a book that will take you lands away to the mysterious "closed" kingdom of Nepal, where its author, Thomas Hale, and his wife, Cynthia, have struggled to serve God as medical doctors. With beguiling humor and humility, Dr. Hale recounts his often amazing (and sometimes almost unbelievable) experiences in bringing western medicine to people who distrust -- even fear -- the introduction of ideas different from their own. He and his family work as a team to dispel that distrust and fear, and in the process have experienced incredible adventures. On the Far Side of Liglig Mountain is a book about - faith and courage - laughter and loving your neighbor - the hardships and the blessings of self-denial -- a book that you will not easily lay aside. Just as he has gained the trust and affection of his Nepalese patients and neighbors by his love for people and his eagerness to share his love of Christ, Thomas Hale will captivate the reader with his intriguing account of the joys and realities of ministering to the human condition.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Thomas Hale
- About the Contributor(s) In 1970, Thomas Hale and his wife, Cynthia, went to Nepal to work for their first twelve years at a...In 1970, Thomas Hale and his wife, Cynthia, went to Nepal to work for their first twelve years at a rural mission hospital in the village of Amp Pipal. Subsequently they moved to Kathmandu, Nepal's capital city, where they have continued their work with the mission. Recently Cynthia took a position as an associate professor at Nepal's only medical school, and Tom has written a one-volume commentary on the New Testament, first in Nepali and subsequently in English for translation into other languages. show more
- Publish Date08/17/1989
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.62 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.81(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.