Kierkegaard, A Video Study: 13 Lessons on His Life, Thought, and Writings
- Regular price
- Sale price
Gain a new understanding of Kierkegaard's thought and life, a story filled with romance, betrayal, humor, and riots, in Kierkegaard Video Lectures and the accompanying book, Kierkegaard: A Solitary Life.
Soren Kierkegaard indeed lived an extraordinary life. He never saw the fruits of his work in his life - it would be almost 100 years after his death that others would unleash his words onto the wider world. Yet the Danish philosopher, theologian, social critic, and writer is now widely recognized as one of the world's most profound writers and thinkers, and his influence on philosophy, literature, and on secular and religious life and thought is incalculable. Philosophers and theologians influenced by Kierkegaard include Karl Barth, Emil Brunner, Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre, Thomas Merton, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Kafka, Martin Luther King Jr., and numerous others.
In Kierkegaard Video Lectures, author and professor Stephen Backhouse highlights the interesting and controversial aspects of Kierkegaard's life, recounting a story that few today know, and provides brief, straightforward overviews of his key works.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - A Controversial Life (18 min)
2 - School Life (7 min)
3 - Family Life (17 min)
4 - Public Life (13 min)
5 - Private Life (9 min)
6 - Love Life (25 min)
7 - City Life (11 min)
8 - Writing Life (15 min)
9 - Pirate Life (13 min)
10 - An Armed and Neutral Life (19 min)
11 - A Life Concluded (15 min)
12 - A Life Continued (18 min)
13 - Overview of the Works (20 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen Backhouse
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen Backhouse (DPhil, Oxford) is the founder and director of Tent Theology, a venture that designs and delivers theology programmes...
Stephen Backhouse (DPhil, Oxford) is the founder and director of Tent Theology, a venture that designs and delivers theology programmes to local churches. He is the Dean of Theology in the Local Church for Westminster Theological Centre and was formerly the Lecturer in Social and Political Theology at St Mellitus College. He is a historian of Christian thought, an expert on the work of Søren Kierkegaard and a recognised authority on the political theology of nations and nationalism. He is the author of many publications, including the award-winning popular biography Kierkegaard: A Single Life (Zondervan, 2016) and the Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History (Zondervan, 2019). He has lived in the United States, and makes his home in Britain and Canada.show more
- Publish Date10/31/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.26 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)7.8 lb
- Dimensions 7.6(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Running Time03:20:00
- Price $34.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.