- Regular price
- Sale price
Understanding the history of the church is a way of doing theology and spirituality. It is a continual exercise of applying and actualizing the Word of God in the world, so that the riches of the Christian message and of the ways of God are manifested in humanity. For that reason, it is hardly necessary to insist on the need for every educated Christian to study church history as another method, not only to illustrate, but also to achieve ethical and doctrinal maturity. Pastors, teachers, evangelists, missionaries, seminary professors, and even persons estranged from the faith, who are interested in learning about the origins of our civilization, have much to learn from this book. Its reading will help you understand to what degree the knowledge of Christ and his message follows the guidelines presented in the Gospels and manifested throughout the centuries, or deformed by church or political interests. What happened after the death of the apostles, the privileged witness of Jesus Christ? How did Christianity confront the Greco-Roman culture? What was the extent and the meaning of the persecutions? What did the conversion of Constantine mean for the church? Eusebius had the privilege of witnessing the birth of Western civilization as we know it continuing to the present time.Read Less
- Contributor(s)George Grayling
- Publish Date09/04/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.36 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.69 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 6.63(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $17.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.