Grasping God's Word Video Lectures: A Hands-On Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
A companion to J. Daniel Hays and J. Scott Duvall's Grasping God's Word 3rd Edition, Grasping God's Word Video Lectures features the authors' expert teaching through every chapter in their textbook. Useful for traditional students, students in distance and online-learning courses, and armchair learners alike, these lectures provide a full introduction to biblical interpretation.
Filling the gap between approaches that are too simple and others that are too technical, Grasping God's Word Video Lectures starts by equipping viewers with general principles of interpretation, then moves on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts.
Just as a rock climber's handhold enables him to master the mountain, a firm grasp on God's Word empowers you to traverse the challenging, risky slopes of life.
Grasping God's Word: Video Lectures enables you to get a grip on the solid rock of Scripture- how to read it, how to interpret it, and how to apply it.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Bible Translations (15 min)
2 - Interpretive Journey (17 min)
3 - Sentences (18 min)
4 - Paragraphs (22 min)
5 - Discourses (20 min)
6 - The Historical-Cultural Context (13 min)
7 - What Do We Bring to the Text? (17 min)
8 - The Literary Context (10 min)
9 - Word Studies (12 min)
10 - Who Controls the Meaning? (15 min)
11 - Levels of Meaning (21 min)
12 - The Role of the Holy Spirit (12 min)
13 - Application (11 min)
14 - New Testament: Letters (16 min)
15 - New Testament: Gospels (17 min)
16 - New Testament: Acts (16 min)
17 - New Testament: Revelation (21 min)
18 - Old Testament: Narrative (24 min)
19 - Old Testament: Law (15 min)
20 - Old Testament: Poetry (20 min)
21 - Old Testament: Prophets (17 min)
22 - Old Testament: Wisdom (23 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)J. Scott Duvall , J. Daniel Hays
- About the Contributor(s) J. Scott Duvall (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor of New Testament at Ouachita Baptist University. He is the coauthor...
J. Scott Duvall (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor of New Testament at Ouachita Baptist University. He is the coauthor with George H. Guthrie of Biblical Greek Exegesis: A Graded Approach to Learning Intermediate and Advanced Greek and with Terry G. Carter and J. Daniel Hays of the textbook Preaching God's Word: A Hands on Approach to Preparing, Developing and Delivering the Sermon.
- From Every People and Nation, and he has coauthored Grasping God's Word; Preaching God's Word; Journey into God’s Word; The Story of Israel: A Biblical Theology; Iraq: Babylon of the End Times?; Apocalypse; and The Dictionary of Biblical Prophecy. He teaches adult Sunday school at his local church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and preaches frequently throughout the nation.
- Publish Date01/06/2015
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.28 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)8.4 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.68(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.