Charts of Reformation and Enlightenment Church History
- Regular price
- Sale price
Major Schisms in the First Sixteen Centuries · Development of Church Government · Orthodoxy and Unitarianism Compared · Education in Puritan England · Christianity and the American Revolution · Origins of Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and Lutherans
These are just a sample of the charts in this book, designed to provide a visual survey of a key part of our Christian heritage. Charts of Reformation and Enlightenment Church History covers the major events, movements, and people from the sixteenth century to the beginning of the nineteenth century. It includes charts of ideas and trends as well as pertinent diagrams.
The book is divided into three primary sections:
· Early Modern Europe and the Reformation (1500 to 1650)
· The Rise of Religious Rationalism and the Enlightenment (1650 to 1750)
· The Period of British Settlement in North America: The Colonial Period of American Religious History (1600 to 1800)
Within these sections, ninety charts are arranged under seventeen headings:
1. The Background of the Reformation
2. The Lutheran Reformation
3. The Calvinist Reformation
4. The Anabaptist Reformation
5. The English Reformation
6. The Roman Catholic Reformation
7. The Rise of Religious Rationalism
8. The Enlightenment
9. The Reaction against Creedalism and Rationalism: Pietism
10. Backgrounds of American Religious History
15. Other Groups
16. The Great Awakening
17. Religion and the American Revolution
- Contributor(s)John D. Hannah
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. John D. Hannah (ThD, PhD) is distinguished professor of historical theology at Dallas Theological Seminary and research professor of...Dr. John D. Hannah (ThD, PhD) is distinguished professor of historical theology at Dallas Theological Seminary and research professor of theological studies. He has received numerous awards and has written several books, including The Glory of God Alone, The Kregel Pictorial Guide to Church History, and Our Legacy: A History of Christian Doctrine. show more
- Publish Date06/09/2015
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series ZondervanCharts
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.72 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.3 lb
- Dimensions 11.0(h) x 8.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $20.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.