Walking with God in the Desert Discovery Guide: Experiencing Living Water When Life is Tough
- Regular price
- Sale price
This seven-session small group Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately) by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume twelve of the That the World May Know series. Are you going through a difficult period of life? The loss of a loved one? Unemployment? A crisis of faith? During these desert times, it’s easy to think God has disappeared. In Walking with God in the Desert you’ll discover that it’s only when we are totally dependent on him that we find God is closer than ever and can experience his amazing grace and provision.
Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in the Sinai Desert, Wadi Nasb, Judea Wilderness, Mount Sinai, Negev and En Gedi, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
- Join the Journey – Filmed in the Sinai Desert
- It’s Hot Here and There’s No Way Out – Filmed in Wabi Nasb
- Help is Here – Filmed in Wadi Nasb
- When Your Heart Cries Out – Filmed in the Judea Wilderness
- They Were Not Wandering – Filmed on Mount Sinai
- Ears to Hear – Filmed in Negev
- There’s Hope in the Desert – Filmed in En Gedi
Designed for use with the Walking with God in the Desert Video Study (sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ray Vander Laan , Stephen and Amanda Sorenson
- About the Contributor(s) Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video...
Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video series with Focus on the Family. An ordained minister, he holds the chair of biblical cultural studies as a religion instructor at Holland Christian Schools in Holland, Michigan. He and his wife, Esther, have four children and fifteen grandchildren.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.show more
- Publish Date09/15/2015
- Series That the World May Know
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.78 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.83 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $9.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!