The Meaning of Marriage Video Study: A Vision for Married and Single People
- Regular price
- Sale price
Modern culture would have you believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that marriage does not mean 'til death do us part, but merely for as long as my needs are being met; and that when serious differences arise, divorce is the best solution.
According to the Bible, all of these modern-day assumptions miss what marriage is all about. In this six-session video-based Bible study ( guide sold separately), Timothy Keller, along with Kathy, his wife of forty years, draws a profound portrait of marriage from the pages of Scripture that neither idealizes nor rejects the institution but points us back to the relationship between God and man. The result is a vision for marriage that is refreshingly frank and unsentimental, yet hopeful and beautiful.
This study is for anyone from singles to couples considering marriage to those who have been married recently or for a long time.
- Service: Marriage Isn't about You
- Covenant: Created to Make Promises
- Roles: Loving through Mutual Submission
- Singleness: Strengthening the Spiritual Family
- Sex: The Act of Covenant Renewal
- Hope: Seeing the Great Horizon
Designed for use with The Meaning of Marriage Study Guide (sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Timothy Keller , Kathy Keller
- About the Contributor(s) Timothy Keller is the New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God, The Meaning of Marriage, The Prodigal...
Timothy Keller is the New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God, The Meaning of Marriage, The Prodigal God, Jesus the King, and The Prodigal Prophet.
Kathy Keller was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and attended Allegheny College. She graduated from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1975 with her MA in Theological Studies. She and her husband, Tim, married one semester before graduation. West Hopewell Presbyterian Church in Hopewell, Virginia, extended a call for Tim to be a three-month interim pastor while they searched for someone more experienced. Nine years and three sons later, the Kellers moved to Philadelphia, where Tim taught at Westminster Theological Seminary and Kathy began work as an editor at Great Commission Publications.
In 1989 they moved to Manhattan to plant Redeemer Presbyterian Church. As staff were added, Kathy focused on the Communication Committee. She is now the Assistant Director of Communication and Media and the editor at Redeemer. She also writes and speaks along with Tim. Their three sons are grown and married, and producing amazing grandchildren. They and their families are all members of Redeemer.show more
- Publish Date09/29/2015
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Running Time02:15:00
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.