Staying Close: Stopping the Natural Drift Toward Isolation in Marriage
- Regular price
- Sale price
Countless married couples end up living alone – in the same house. Over twenty-eight years of conducting "Weekend to Remember" conferences have convinced Dennis and Barbara Rainey that isolation is the number-one problem in marriages today. But they believe it's possible to overcome "marital drift" and experience the miracle of oneness. This book provides a positive, workable strategy for keeping your marriage vital and intimate. Included are proven principles and hands-on exercises to help you:
- understand the personal and cultural forces that isolate you from your spouse
- manage your schedules, workloads, roles, and responsibilities without losing sight of each other
- allos for (and enjoy) individual differences while maintaining unity
- build an atmosphere of cooperation by meeting each other more than halfwey
- "affair-proof" your relationship (or heal it after the fact)
- grow closer duing hard times instead of letting your troubles pull you apart
- create a "safe" atmosphere for transparent communication
- discover the secrets of a mutually rewarding sex life
- leave a legacy of love and unity to your family and friends
Previous Edition: 0-8499-3343-9Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dennis Rainey
- About the Contributor(s) Dennis Rainey is the executive director and co-founder of FamilyLife and co-hosts the radio program, FamilyLife Today. He is senior editor of...
Dennis Rainey is the executive director and co-founder of FamilyLife and co-hosts the radio program, FamilyLife Today. He is senior editor of the HomeBuilders Couples Series, which has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide, and author ofParenting Today's Adolescent and The Tribute.show more
- Publish Date09/04/2003
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.78 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.17 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.63(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.