Reclaiming the Urban Family: How to Mobilize the Church as a Family Training Center
- Regular price
- Sale price
Hands-on answers to the crises of urban homes. The problems urban families face--low income, drug abuse, divorce, gang involvement, domestic violence, and more--are devastating. But solutions exist in the local church that can transform troubled homes into places of love, security, hope, and growth. In Reclaiming the Urban Family, Dr. Willie Richardson gives pastors and leaders methods that can make inner-city churches a powerful force for restoring, training, and strengthening families, single-parent homes, and individuals. Using the principles and strategies described, the family training ministry of Dr. Richardson's own Christian Stronghold Baptist Church in Philadelphia has - Brought about a near-zero divorce rate - Produced strong marriages built on deep love bonds between couples - Helped numerous low- and moderate-income families become debt-free - Trained men to be competent husbands and fathers--and raised adult male membership in church to as high as 48 percent - Lowered the number of teenage pregnancies - Helped win to Christ those who have seen transformation in their loved ones. Reclaiming the Urban Family covers concerns as diverse as lay biblical counseling, singles and youth ministry, marriage preparation, occupational enrichment, single-parent households, evangelizing families, and more. Complete with a section of resources for African-American family ministries, it shows how local churches can become dynamic agents for building thriving homes and individuals and for evangelizing the unsaved.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Willie Richardson
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Willie Richardson is senior pastor of Christian Stronghold Baptist Church in Philadelphia, the president of Christian Research and Development,...Dr. Willie Richardson is senior pastor of Christian Stronghold Baptist Church in Philadelphia, the president of Christian Research and Development, and the author of Reclaiming the Urban Family. show more
- Publish Date01/23/1996
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.54 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.34 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $9.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.