Persuasion (Seasons Edition -- Summer)
- Regular price
- Sale price
A fine exclusive edition of one of literature’s most beloved stories. Featuring a laser-cut jacket on a textured book with foil stamping, all titles in this series will be first editions. No more than 10,000 copies will be printed, and each will be individually numbered from 1 to 10,000. * Now with a bonus bookmark!
“He had seen you indeed, before he came to Bath, and admired you, but without knowing it was you. So says my historian, at least. Is this true? Did he see you last summer or autumn, ‘somewhere down in the west,’ to use her own words, without knowing it to be you?”
At twenty-seven, Anne Elliot is no longer considered young enough for worthy romantic prospects. Eight years earlier, she had been persuaded by her friend Lady Russell to break off her engagement to Frederick Wentworth, a handsome naval captain with neither fortune nor rank. What transpires when they encounter each other again is movingly told in Jane Austen's last completed novel. A brilliant satire of vanity and pretension, Persuasion is, above all, a love story tinged with the heartache of missed opportunities.
Persuasion (Seasons Edition--Summer) is one of four titles available in June 2020. The summer season will include Jane Eyre, the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and The Wonderland Collection.
- Contributor(s)Jane Austen
- About the Contributor(s) Jane Austen was the author of classic novels Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814), and Emma (1816). Two other novels, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, were...
Jane Austen was the author of classic novels Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814), and Emma (1816). Two other novels, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, were published posthumously in 1818 with a biographical notice by her brother, Henry Austen - the first formal announcement of her authorship. Persuasion was written in a race against failing health in 1815-16.show more
- Publish Date06/30/2020
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)10.01 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 6.5(w) x 0.85(d) inches
- Price $24.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.