No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church
- Regular price
- Sale price
How do we live out the message of Jesus in today's ever-changing culture? The church is facing its greatest challenge--and its greatest opportunity--in our postmodern, post-Christian world. God is drawing thousands of spiritually curious "imperfect people" to become his church--but how are we doing at welcoming them? No Perfect People Allowed shows you how to deconstruct the five main barriers standing between emerging generations and your church by creating the right culture. From inspiring stories of real people once far from God, to practical ideas that can be applied by any local church, this book offers a refreshing vision of the potential and power of the Body of Christ to transform lives today.
"We now are living in a post-Christian America--and that means we must be rethinking ministry through a missionary mindset. What makes this book both unique and extremely helpful is that it is filled with real-life stories of post-Christian people becoming followers of Jesus--not just statistics or data about them." Dan Kimball, Author, The Emerging Church
"No Perfect People Allowed is a timely and necessary word for church leaders in a post Christian culture. John Burke serves up quite a tasty meal full of the rich nutrients that will strengthen the Body of Christ." Randy Frazee, Senior Pastor, Pantego Bible Church; Author, The Connecting Church and Making Room for LifeRead Less
- Contributor(s)John Burke
- About the Contributor(s) John Burke and his wife, Kathy, founded Gateway Church in Austin, Texas, in 1998. Since then, Gateway has grown to...John Burke and his wife, Kathy, founded Gateway Church in Austin, Texas, in 1998. Since then, Gateway has grown to over 3,000 people, 70 percent of whom are in their twenties and thirties, and consists mostly of unchurched people who began actively following Christ at Gateway. Burke is also the author of No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church. show more
- Publish Date05/22/2007
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)26.24 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $10.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.