No Is a Beautiful Word: Hope and Help for the Overcommitted and (Occasionally) Exhausted
- Regular price
- Sale price
If a person has extra time, nothing to do, and finds themself looking for ways to fill their empty days...this book is definitely not for them.
No Is a Beautiful Word is designed and crafted for people whose plate is full, whose margin is thin, and whose life feels overloaded. They are looking for help, relief, and wisdom to navigate the countless options that life offers on a daily basis.
This book is needed by people who:
- Go to bed with a "To Do" list that never seems to get totally done.
- Kindly say, "Yes" and secretly regret it five minutes later.
- Feel pain and live with guilt when they have to say, "No."
- Were taught that "No" is a dirty word.
- Believe that saying "No" is a sign of weakness.
- Feel trapped by unwise past commitments.
- Want to say "Yes" to what matters most in life but are too exhausted.
- Know that their life is out of balance and are seeking to fix it!
It will be valuable for:
- Leaders who have a tough time making the hard decisions because they fear hurting someone's feelings.
- Executives who feel over extended and pressed to the edges of their capacity.
- Parents who feel overworked and under appreciated.
- Students who are trying to balance the intensity of school, work, and their relational world.
- Retired people who find themselves saying, with subtle humor but aching regret, "I am more busy now than I have ever been!"
- Single people who go to bed at night exhausted because the day left no margin and offered no oasis of peace.
- Married people who love their life but secretly dream about time to play, space to relax, and taking a nap.
No Is a Beautiful Word is designed to be read briskly, chewed on thoroughly, and acted on practically. The chapters are brief by intention. They range from one paragraph (that's right, some chapters are only a few sentences long!) to four pages.
The goal of this book is give people clear concepts, paint a picture of what it looks like to live out the idea, and then move on to the next thought. The vision is to help people learn to say "No" to the things that don't matter (or don't matter as much) so they can say "Yes" to the things that bring life, hope, peace, and lasting meaning.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kevin G. Harney
- About the Contributor(s) Kevin G. Harney (kevingharney.com) serves at Shoreline Community Church in Monterey, California. He is the author of many books and...
Kevin G. Harney (kevingharney.com) serves at Shoreline Community Church in Monterey, California. He is the author of many books and studies, including Organic Outreach for Ordinary People, Seismic Shifts, and Reckless Faith.show more
- Publish Date02/12/2019
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.82 lb
- Dimensions 8.4(h) x 5.4(w) x 0.6(d) inches
- Price $11.89
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!