NIV Compact Bible Commentary
- Regular price
- Sale price
Wide-angle perspectives on the central messages of Scripture.
The NIV Compact Bible Commentary explains the Bible book by book. But unlike other commentaries, it begins with the larger context—the Bible as a whole—then shows you how all its books fit into the grand picture. Instead of a verse-by-verse exposition, it unlocks the meanings of larger sections of Scripture. You’ll see how key themes, concepts, and even specific terms from earlier books of the Bible are echoed and expanded on in later books.
If you're serious about studying the Bible, if you need a resource to prepare a Bible lesson, or if you simply want to know the Bible better, this is one commentary you should have, even if you already own several. Written by respected theologian John Sailhamer, its insights offer valuable, wide-angle perspectives on the central messages of Scripture, and its compact size makes it perfect for school, church, the workplace, and as a travel companion.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John H. Sailhamer
- About the Contributor(s) John H. Sailhamer is professor of Old Testament at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary in Brea, California and was formerly...John H. Sailhamer is professor of Old Testament at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary in Brea, California and was formerly senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.. His other works include An Introduction to Old Testament Theology and The NIIV Compact Bible Commentary. show more
- Publish Date03/04/1999
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series NIV Compact Series
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.08 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)25.93 lb
- Dimensions 7.13(h) x 5.13(w) x 1.25(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.