Messy Spirituality: God's Annoying Love for Imperfect People
- Regular price
- Sale price
So, You Don’t Think You’re a Very Good Christian . . .
Do you ever feel like:
I don’t pray enough
I don’t read my Bible enough
I don’t share my faith enough
I don’t love God enough
I’m not committed enough
I’m not spiritual enough
Then this book is for you. From the man who knew messiness intimately well, Mike Yaconelli’s book, Messy Spirituality, was written for the silent majority of us who are convinced that we just don’t do Christianity right. We spend most of our lives worried about what we don’t do instead of what we have done, focused on our imperfections instead of God’s fondness for the imperfect. Why? Because we’ve been bombarded with books, movies, podcasts, seminars, and social media convincing us that real Christianity is all about perfection. Michael Yaconelli dares to suggest that imperfection, infiniteness, and messiness are, in fact, the earmarks of true Christianity; that real Christianity is messy, erratic, lopsided . . . and gloriously liberating.
What if genuine faith begins with admitting we will never have our act completely together? Maybe messy disciples are exactly the kind of imperfect people Jesus came to earth for and whose company he actually enjoyed--and still enjoys. If you want to find Jesus, look for him in the midst of burned-out believers, moral misfits, religious incompetents . . . men and women whose lives are, well, messy.
Messy Spirituality is a classic that offers timeless wisdom and antidotes for the spiritual perfectionism in us all. Here you will find truths that can cut you loose from the tyranny of ought-to’s and open your eyes to the deep spirituality of being loved by the God who meets you and transforms you in the midst of a messy and unpredictable life.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Mike Yaconelli
- About the Contributor(s) Mike Yaconelli is the author of bestselling books Dangerous Wonder and Messy Spirituality. He was the senior editor for the...
Mike Yaconelli is the author of bestselling books Dangerous Wonder and Messy Spirituality. He was the senior editor for the Wittenburg Door (1971-1996), a satirical religious magazine noted for its irreverent humor, in-depth interviews, and commitment to reforming the evangelical church. He was the cofounder of Youth Specialties, an international organization devoted to equipping youth workers through training and resources. Mike was a prophetic voice in the church-at-large and was a devoted husband and father until his death in 2003.show more
- Publish Date10/27/2015
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.31 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.61 lb
- Dimensions 7.1(h) x 5.05(w) x 0.52(d) inches
- Price $11.19
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.