Let Me Grieve, But Not Forever
- Regular price
- Sale price
On June 28, 1987, four Dallas-based Christian leaders were killed in an airplane crash as they were returning from a Focus on the Family retreat in Montana: George L. Clark, chairman of the board and CEO of MBank; Dr. Trevor E. Mabery, a surgeon who helped found Humana Hospital-Medical City; Hugo W. Schoelkopf III, an entrepreneur and sporting goods manufacturer; and Creath Davis, founder and director of Christian Concern Foundation.
Among the losses their families shared, Creath's wife, Verdell, also lost part of her identity: No longer was she a pastor's wife, and no longer was she sure what she believed. This deeply moving book, gleaned from parts of journals that she kept during the loss of her husband, offers a source of hope and healing for anyone experiencing grief. With remarkable honesty, courage, and generosity, she shares how to examine grief and ultimately find healing in the process.
- Contributor(s)Verdell Davis
- About the Contributor(s) Verdell Davis is not only an accomplished author and speaker, but also a long-time educational consultant. Before penning her timeless...Verdell Davis is not only an accomplished author and speaker, but also a long-time educational consultant. Before penning her timeless classic Let Me Grieve But Not Forever, she was the headmistress of a private Christian school. She has also served on the boards of several organizations, including trustee Howard Payne University, and is currently on the board of SonScape Ministries and Caring People Network. Since leaving the field of education, she has spent time writing and speaking at Focus on the Family's Pastors' Wives Gathering, Praise Gathering with Bill and Gloria Gaither, and many other conferences, retreats, and seminars nationwide. After being widowed for fifteen years, Davis married the second love of her life, Bill Krisher, in 2002. show more
- Publish Date11/17/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.38 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)13.65 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $9.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.