How to Read the Bible Pack, Second Edition: Includes How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth and Five Companion Books
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Bible is accessible. It's meant to be read and comprehended by everyone from armchair readers to seminary students. A few essential insights into the Bible can clear up a lot of misconceptions and help you grasp the meaning of Scripture and its application to your twenty-first-century life. The How to Read the Bible Pack, Second Edition includes everything you need to understand the Bible more clearly and get the most out of your Bible-reading experience.
- The How to Read the Bible Pack, Second Edition includes six books by six leading biblical scholars:
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart
- How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens by Michael Williams
- How to Read the Bible as Literature by Leland Ryken
- How to Preach and Teach the Old Testament for All Its Worth by Christopher J. H. Wright
- How to Choose a Translation for All Its Worth by Gordon D. Fee and Mark L. Strauss
The How to Read the Bible Pack, Second Edition will help you read the Bible more accurately and in greater depth so you can uncover the inexhaustible worth that is in God's Word.
- Contributor(s)Gordon D. Fee , Douglas Stuart , Christopher J. H. Wright , Mark L. Strauss , Michael Williams , Leland Ryken
- About the Contributor(s) Gordon D. Fee (PhD, University of Southern California) is Professor Emeritus of New Testament Studies at Regent College, Vancouver, British...Gordon D. Fee (PhD, University of Southern California) is Professor Emeritus of New Testament Studies at Regent College, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament and Chair of the Division of Biblical Studies at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He holds the B.A. and Ph.D. from Harvard University. Among his earlier writings are Studies in Early Hebrew Meter, Old Testament Exegesis: A Primer for Students and Pastors, and Favorite Old Testament Passages.
Dr. Christopher J. H. Wright is International Director of the Langham Partnership International. After teaching the Old Testament in India and the UK, he also served as chair of the Lausanne Movement's Theology Working Group and was the chief architect of the Cape Town Commitment at the Third Lausanne Congress, 2010. His books include: Knowing Jesus through the Old Testament, Old Testament Ethics for the People of God, Deuteronomy (Understanding the Bible Commentary), Salvation Belongs to Our God, The Mission of God, The God I Don't Understand, and The Mission of God's People. Chris and his wife Liz who have four adult children and a growing number of grandchildren, live in London, UK, and belong to All Souls Church.
Mark L. Strauss (PhD, Aberdeen) is university professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary, where he has served since 1993. His books include Four Portraits, One Jesus; How to Read the Bible in Changing Times; The Essential Bible Companion; and commentaries on Mark and Luke. He also serves as vice chair of the Committee on Bible Translation for the New International Version translation.
Michael Williams (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is Emeritus Senior Professor of Old Testament Studies at Calvin Theological Seminary, a member of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation and the Chairman of the NIrV Committee. He is the author of Deception in Genesis, The Prophet and His Message, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic, The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users, How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens, Hidden Prophets of the Bible and is editor and contributor of Mishneh Todah. His passion is to equip students with knowledge of the Old Testament and its languages so that they may grow in their comprehension and appreciation of redemptive history and be adequately prepared to promote and defend the faith through word and action. Michael resides in Grand Rapids, MI, with his wife, Dawn.
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) is professor of English at Wheaton College in Illinois, where he has twice received the "teacher of the year" award.show more
- Publish Date12/05/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover Set
- Weight (lbs)3.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.56 lb
- Dimensions 8.25(h) x 5.5(w) x 4.63(d) inches
- Price $53.99