Desperate Ransom: Setting Her Family Free
- Regular price
- Sale price
"Time changes nothing, girl, but the size of your underwear...and hopefully your hairdo."
Minton Sparks unique brand of performance art has brought the rural South to life for the many fans who flock to her shows and relive them through her audio releases. Now, the Grammy-nominated artist has committed some of her most popular poems and stories to print. The thirty pieces collected here veer from heartbreak to hilarity and back again, as Sparks shares her memories of growing up in small-town Tennessee. This unusual family may not walk the straight and narrow, but they're guaranteed to walk straight into your heart and mind, and linger. Like an old-time preacher, Sparks draws her audience in with compelling storytelling while leaving them with something essential to ponder.
Desperate Ransom takes readers on a journey into the heart of an extraordinary family, demonstrating once again that Sparks is a ground-breaking artist--and a true American treasure.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Minton Sparks
- About the Contributor(s) Minton Sparks is a spoken-word poet. Her DVD, Open Casket, recently released in the US and the UK. After having...Minton Sparks is a spoken-word poet. Her DVD, Open Casket, recently released in the US and the UK. After having toured with Rodney Crowell, Elizabeth Crook and Will Kimbrough, this year Sparks will participate in the International Storytelling Festival in Jonesboro, Tennessee for the first time. show more
- Publish Date07/10/2012
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.28 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)10.08 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.25(d) inches
- Price $10.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.