Breaking Strongholds in the African-American Family: Strategies for Spiritual Warfare
- Regular price
- Sale price
Black churches and their leaders are at the front line of a war for the lives of people bound by fear, anger, and idolatry. Sociologists, politicians, and economists all have failed to solve the complex problems of African-American families. But victory is available -- and believers hold the key. In Breaking the Strongholds in the African-American Family, Dr. Clarence Walker unfolds a plan for spiritual warfare using the weapons of God. Drawing from biblical characters such as Nimrod, Jezebel, and Tamar, Dr. Walker describes the various types of strongholds that imprison black men, women, and children today. He matches the weapons and strategies of ancient warfare with our spiritual weapons, providing a vital and practical ministry resource for pastors, counselors, and laypeople. Step by step, Breaking Strongholds in the African-American Family shows: - how to identify types of strongholds - how to know and use our weapons of warfare - how to train an army of warriors to work as a team - how to set up an effective battle plan. "It is up to us to initiate battle," says Dr. Walker, "and therefore we must advance and move toward our target with faith and confidence, remembering that the battle ultimately is not our battle -- it is the Lord's."Read Less
- Contributor(s)Clarence Walker
- About the Contributor(s) Clarence Walker is a licensed marriage and family couselor who holds a PhD in counseling from Trinity Theological Seminary and...Clarence Walker is a licensed marriage and family couselor who holds a PhD in counseling from Trinity Theological Seminary and an MSW from Temple University. He is an ordained minister and the founder-director, with his wife Ja'ola, of Clarence Walker Ministries, a preaching, teaching, and music ministry in Philadelphia. show more
- Publish Date01/25/1996
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.34 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.3 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $6.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.