Beside Still Waters: Words of Comfort for the Soul
- Regular price
- Sale price
A collection of Scripture-based readings that offer encouragement to individuals dealing with illness, loss, or other personal problems.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Charles H. Spurgeon , Roy H. Clarke
- About the Contributor(s) Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) was a British Baptist preacher who remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom...
Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) was a British Baptist preacher who remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom he is still known as the "Prince of Preachers." He preached his first sermon, from 1 Peter 2:7, in 1851 at 16 and became pastor of the Church in Waterbeach in 1852. He published more than 1,900 different sermons and preached to around 10,000,000 people during his lifetime. In addition, Spurgeon was a prolific author of many types of works including an autobiography, a commentary, books on prayer, a devotional, a magazine, poetry, hymnist and more. Many sermons were transcribed as he spoke and were later translated into many languages. Arguably, no other author, Christian or otherwise, has more material in print than C.H. Spurgeon.
ROY H. CLARKE is a retired international marketing executive who has immersed himself in the study of Spurgeon for more than 10 years. He was also the editor of Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Updated Edition. show more
- Publish Date03/22/1999
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.85 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.23 lb
- Dimensions 7.44(h) x 4.88(w) x 1.25(d) inches
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.