Anglo-Saxon Christianity: Exploring the Earliest Roots of Christian Spirituality in England
- Regular price
- Sale price
Celtic spirituality was not the only form of early Christianity in the British Isles. In fact, a larger number of original texts from the Anglo-Saxons remain today. This rich vein of simple, but moving, prose and poetry is explored in Anglo-Saxon Christianity. The key figures of Bebe, Cuthbert and others are introduced alongside new translations of classic texts taken from Beowulf and Old English poetry. For all who appreciate Celtic spirituality, here is a fresh and alternative source of nourishment and inspiration. For those looking for an authentic Christian faith Anglo-Saxon Christianity reaches back into the very birth of the English people.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul Cavill
- About the Contributor(s) Paul Cavill is a lecturer in English and research fellow for the English Place-Name Society for School of English Studies...Paul Cavill is a lecturer in English and research fellow for the English Place-Name Society for School of English Studies at the University of Nottingham. He is also the author of Anglo-Saxon Christianity and Vikings. He resides in Leicester, England, with his wife and their two children. show more
- Publish Date07/25/1999
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.47 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.84 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $8.39
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.