- Regular price
- Sale price
–Booklist, starred review
The year is 1989 and dark currents lurk beneath the smooth surface of the elite Virginia campus where Adelaide Piper has come to study. Her poetic sensibility and idealism only irritate the socialites and cynics who notice her at all.
After a heartbreaking loss of innocence, Adelaide must navigate between her genteel Southern upbringing and the gritty realities of a new generation.
Ultimately Adelaide must return to the very ground she once cursed, finding a deeper appreciation for her Southern heritage, however broken and imperfect.
Featured in Southern Living's Books of the South
- Contributor(s)Beth Webb Hart
- About the Contributor(s) Beth Webb Hart, a South Carolina native, is the best-selling author of Grace at Low Tide and The Wedding Machine....Beth Webb Hart, a South Carolina native, is the best-selling author of Grace at Low Tide and The Wedding Machine. She serves as a speaker and creative writing instructor at schools, libraries, and churches throughout the region, and she has received two national teaching awards from Scholastic, Inc. Hart lives with her husband and their family in Charleston. show more
- Publish Date07/11/2006
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.81 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.63(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $11.19
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.