A Guide to Old Testament Theology and Exegesis
- Regular price
- Sale price
The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis has rapidly become a benchmark for Old Testament study. The introductory articles of this award-winning, five-volume set stand alone as a study resource, and have proved their use as classroom material. Together, they introduce the student to everything he or she needs to know to begin doing exegesis of the Old Testament. Written by experts in their respective topics, now the ten introductory articles appear in this separate volume. A Guide to Old Testament Theology and Exegesis covers the following subjects: 1. Language, Literature, Hermeneutics, and Biblical Theology: What's Theological About a Theological Dictionary? (Kevin Vanhoozer) 2. Textual Criticism of the Old Testament and Its Relations to Exegesis and Theology. (Bruce K. Waltke) 3. Old Testament History: A Theological Perspective. (Eugene H. Merrill) 4. Old Testament History: a Hermeneutical Perspective (V. Philips Long) 5. Literary Approaches and Interpretation (Tremper Longman III) 6. Narrative Criticism: The Theological Implications of Narrative Techniques (Philip E. Saterwaite) 7. Linguistics, Meaning, Semantics, and Discourse Analysis (Peter Cotterell) 8. Principles for Productive Word Study (John H. Walton) 9. The Flowering and Floundering of Old Testament Theology (Elmer A. Martens) 10. Integrating Old Testament Theology and Exegesis, Literary, Thematic, and Canonical Issues (Richard Schulz)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Willem A. VanGemeren
- About the Contributor(s) Willem VanGemeren (PhD, University of Wisconsin) is professor of Old Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He is the author...Willem VanGemeren (PhD, University of Wisconsin) is professor of Old Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He is the author of a number of books, including Interpreting the Prophetic Word (Zondervan) and a commentary on Psalms in the Expositor's Bible Commentary series (Zondervan). show more
- Publish Date07/08/1999
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.78 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.1 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $15.39
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.