101 Secrets a Good Dad Knows
- Regular price
- Sale price
Dads have a special way of relating to children. They tend to rough-house and tease children more than moms do. It is usually a father who teaches a child how to shoot a free throw, catch a frog, or fix a broken bicycle chain. Knowing how to do these things raises a child's self-esteem, increases self-confidence, and fosters self-reliance because they expand a child's ability to cope with and understand the world.
Each of the 101 secrets in this wonderful gift book is explained in short descriptions accompanied by a drawing and a fact or tip. Many of these skills involve a simple secret to do them successfully. Knowing these secrets will enable any dad to look like a hero to his children.
Included are instructions for...
- How to fly a kite
- How to find the north star
- How to skip a rock
- How to make a paper airplane
- How to tie a necktie
- How to change a spark plug
- How to carve a whistle
- How to bait a hook
- How to pitch a tent
- How to identify five icky things under a rock
- Which properties to buy in Monopoly
- How to tell how tall a tree is
- How to whistle with a blade of grass
- How to photograph lightning
"The perfect gift for any father, grandfather, or mother who wants to teach children skills that will increase self confidence, raise self-esteem, and foster self-reliance." - Nashville LifestylesRead Less
- Contributor(s)Walter Browder , Sue Ellin Browder
- About the Contributor(s) Walter Browder is a screenwriter and author of the critically-acclaimed book The Sand Castle as well as several nonfiction books....Walter Browder is a screenwriter and author of the critically-acclaimed book The Sand Castle as well as several nonfiction books. He lives with his wife, Sue Ellin, in Willits, California.
Sue Ellin Browder is a prize-winning investigative journalist whose articles have appeared in Saturday Review, Newsday, the Washington Post, Reader's Digest, and Woman's Day. She lives with her husband, Walter, in Willits, California. show more
- Publish Date06/23/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.58 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.87 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $9.79
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.