1 and 2 Timothy, Titus
- Regular price
- Sale price
The NIV Application Commentary helps you communicate and apply biblical text effectively in today's context.
To bring the ancient messages of the Bible into today's world, each passage is treated in three sections:
- Original Meaning. Concise exegesis to help readers understand the original meaning of the biblical text in its historical, literary, and cultural context.
- Bridging Contexts. A bridge between the world of the Bible and the world of today, built by discerning what is timeless in the timely pages of the Bible.
- Contemporary Significance. This section identifies comparable situations to those faced in the Bible and explores relevant application of the biblical messages. The author alerts the readers of problems they may encounter when seeking to apply the passage and helps them think through the issues involved.
This unique, award-winning commentary is the ideal resource for today's preachers, teachers, and serious students of the Bible, giving them the tools, ideas, and insights they need to communicate God's Word with the same powerful impact it had when it was first written.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Walter L. Liefeld
- About the Contributor(s) Walter L. Liefeld is distinguished professor emeritus of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and is the author of...
Walter L. Liefeld is distinguished professor emeritus of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and is the author of Luke in the Expositor's Bible Commentary series.show more
- Publish Date07/27/1999
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The NIV Application Commentary
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.5 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.98 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 6.38(w) x 1.25(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $20.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!