The Marriage Course Study Journal
- Regular price
- Sale price
Today we are facing a global crisis when it comes to families. Marriages are under more pressure than ever. Many children are growing up without experiencing the security of their parents' love and commitment to each other—and consequently are finding it harder to receive God's unconditional love. There is an urgent need to invest in marriage and family life, for strong societies are built on strong families, and strong families are built on strong marriages.
The Marriage Course, developed by Nicky and Sila Lee of Alpha, has been revised and updated to provide practical tools to help couples at every stage of their relationship. This update includes talks from experts including Dr. Gray Chapman, Dr. Henry Cloud, and Dr. Sue Johnson on topics such as money, sex, love languages, healthy boundaries, and building connections. The course will also cover how couples can:
- Better understand each other's needs
- Communicate more effectively
- Grow closer by learning methods to resolve conflicts
- Recover from the way they may have hurt each other
- Recognize how their upbringing has affected their relationship
- Improve relationships with parents and in-laws
The Marriage Course is based on a Christian understanding of love and serves to strengthen marriages within the church while being accessible for all couples from any cultural background, with or without a background in the Christian faith.
- Building Strong Foundations
- The Art of Communication
- Resolving Conflict
- The Power of Forgiveness
- The Impact of Family—Past and Present
- Good Sex
- Love in Action
Extra Session: Coping with Times of SeparationRead Less
- Contributor(s)Nicky and Sila Lee
- About the Contributor(s) Nicky & Sila Lee have been married for over forty years and have four children. They are on the staff...
Nicky & Sila Lee have been married for over forty years and have four children. They are on the staff at Holy Trinity Brompton, London, UK. Over the last 35 years, they have spoken to thousands on the subject of marriage and family life, authored The Marriage Book and The Parenting Book, and created The Marriage Course, The Pre-Marriage Course, The Parenting Children Course and The Parenting Teenagers Course.show more
- Publish Date05/05/2020
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)64.06 lb
- Price $9.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!