Unlocked: A Love Story
- Regular price
- Sale price
Bestselling author Karen Kingsbury reminds us that before you take a stand, you’ve got to take a chance.
Despite his quiet ways and quirky behaviors, Holden Harris is very happy and socially engaged—on the inside, in a private world all his own. But Holden is an eighteen-year-old with autism. Every day he is bullied at school by kids who only see that he is very different.
Ella Reynolds is part of the in-crowd. A cheerleader and star of the high school drama production, her life seems perfect. When she catches Holden listening to her rehearse for the school play, she is drawn to him . . . the way he is drawn to the music. Then Ella makes a dramatic discovery—she and Holden were best friends as children. Frustrated by the way Holden is bullied and horrified at the indifference of her peers, Ella decides to take a stand against the most privileged and popular kids at school. Including her boyfriend, Jake.
Ella believes miracles can happen in the most unlikely places and that just maybe an entire community might celebrate from the sidelines. But will Holden’s praying mother, Ella, and a cast of theater kids be enough to unlock the prison that contains Holden? This time friendship, faith, and the power of a song must be strong enough to open the doors to the miracle Holden needs.
This contemporary, inspirational read is a standalone novel. Book length: approximately 80,000 words. Includes a reading group guide and a letter to readers from the author.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Karen Kingsbury
- About the Contributor(s) Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning...
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books have been developed into a TV series now available everywhere. Karen is also an adjunct professor of writing at Liberty University. In 2001 she and her husband, Don, adopted three boys from Haiti, doubling their family in a matter of months. Today the couple has joined the ranks of empty nesters, living in Tennessee near four of their adult children.show more
- Publish Date10/03/2010
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.74 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.78 lb
- Dimensions 8.41(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $11.19
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.