Through a Season of Grief: Devotions for Your Journey from Mourning to Joy
- Regular price
- Sale price
If you've lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you've discovered that few people understand the deep hurt you feel. Where do you turn for daily comfort and help? Where do you find the tools to move forward? Through a Season of Grief is the first 365-day devotional designed to support and uplift you in the first, most difficult year of bereavement.
These devotions offer biblical comfort and practical teaching that will enable you to take steps forward each day toward healing, including devotions specifically geared toward supporting you through your grief such as:
- How to embrace the grieving process
- How to cope when the meal train ends
- Who to turn to when you can’t control your emotions
As you read through the pages of this 365-day devotional, you will better understand the grieving process and will receive needed encouragement along the way.
More than thirty respected Christian professionals – including Anne Graham Lotz, Kay Arthur, Jack Hayford, Elisabeth Elliot, Norman Wright, Barbara Johnson, and Luis Palau – share their insights on how to walk through the devastation of grief toward wholeness and hope. You will also hear from people like you who have lost a loved one and have found God's healing presence in the midst of despair.
This unique devotional is based on GriefShare®, a national grief recovery support group program that has helped more than 100,000 families.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bill Dunn , Kathy Leonard
- About the Contributor(s) Bill Dunn is vice president of Church Initiative, Inc. He graduated from Asbury College and received a master of divinity...Bill Dunn is vice president of Church Initiative, Inc. He graduated from Asbury College and received a master of divinity degree from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1982. During the next fifteen years he served in two pastorates. As a pastor, Bill has had many opportunities to minister to people in grief and observe its extended influence in the lives of family and close friends. Bill's wife, Holly, is an emergency room physician and has seen the process of grief through that lens. Together they cohost the GriefShare video series used in thousands of churches across the United States and beyond. Since 1997, Bill has served as an executive of Church Initiative, Inc., developing materials to help churches experience effective ministries and outreaches.
Kathy Leonard has been writing and editing for more than fifteen years. After graduating with a degree in English from the University of Maryland Asian Division in Okinawa, Japan, Kathy moved with her Air Force husband, Tim, to England. Kathy later moved to North Carolina, where she worked as a high school English teacher and was later hired by The Church Initiative and is now its editorial director. show more
- Publish Date09/01/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.81 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 1.13(d) inches
- Price $12.59
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.