NIV Study Bible, Fully Revised Edition, Leathersoft, Navy/Tan, Red Letter, Thumb Indexed, Comfort Print
- Regular price
- Sale price
Know what the Bible says. Understand why the Bible matters.
Set in Zondervan’s exclusive NIV Comfort Print® typeface, this stunning, full-color study Bible answers your pressing questions with just the right amount of information, placed in just the right location.
With its decades-long legacy of helping readers grasp the Bible’s meaning, the NIV Study Bible embodies the mission of the NIV translation to be an accurate, readable, and clear guide into Scripture. Specifically designed to expand upon the NIV, the NIV Study Bible’s editorial team crafts that same accuracy and clarity into every study note.
Now the study Bible millions have come to trust has been fully revised and updated. A new committee of top biblical scholars--who are current and former NIV translators with a passion for making the Bible’s meaning clear--have pored over every note, every article, every chart, and every essay to refine this treasured resource even more. Thousands of newly written or revised notes and articles combine with hundreds of four-color maps, charts, photos, and illustrations to create an entire library of study helps designed to increase your understanding and application of God’s word.
- Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Over 21,000 bottom-of-the-page study notes, with icons to make important information easy to spot
- Over 125 topical articles, 16 pages of full-color maps, the Comprehensive NIV Concordance with nearly 4800 word entries, and a subject note index enable even deeper study
- Sixty-six book introductions and outlines along with six section introductions provide valuable background information for each book of the Bible
- In-text maps, charts, diagrams, and illustrations visually clarify the stories in the Bible
- Words of Jesus in red
- Two satin ribbon markers
- Indexed thumb tabs
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print typeface
- 9-point print size
- Contributor(s)Kenneth L. Barker , Mark L. Strauss , Jeannine K. Brown , Craig L. Blomberg , Michael Williams
- About the Contributor(s) Kenneth L. Barker (PhD, Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning) is an author, lecturer, biblical scholar, and the general...Kenneth L. Barker (PhD, Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning) is an author, lecturer, biblical scholar, and the general editor of the NIV Study Bible.
Mark L. Strauss (PhD, Aberdeen) is university professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary, where he has served since 1993. His books include Four Portraits, One Jesus; How to Read the Bible in Changing Times; The Essential Bible Companion; and commentaries on Mark and Luke. He also serves as vice chair of the Committee on Bible Translation for the New International Version translation.
Jeannine K. Brown (PhD, Luther Seminary) is Professor of New Testament and Director of Online Programs at Bethel Seminary. She is the author of Scripture as Communication, three commentaries on Matthew's Gospel, and two co-authored interdisciplinary books, Becoming Whole and Holy and Relational Integration between Psychology and Christian Theology. She is also a member of the Committee on Bible Translation for the New International Version.
Craig L. Blomberg (PhD, Aberdeen) is distinguished professor of New Testament at Denver Seminary. He is the author, co-author, or co-editor of 26 books and more than 150 articles in journals or multi-author works. A recurring topic of interest in his writings is the historical reliability of the Scriptures. Craig and his wife Fran have two daughters and three grandchildren, and reside in Centennial, Colorado.
Michael Williams (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is Emeritus Senior Professor of Old Testament Studies at Calvin Theological Seminary, a member of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation and the Chairman of the NIrV Committee. He is the author of Deception in Genesis, The Prophet and His Message, Basics of Ancient Ugaritic, The Biblical Hebrew Companion for Bible Software Users, How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens, Hidden Prophets of the Bible and is editor and contributor of Mishneh Todah. His passion is to equip students with knowledge of the Old Testament and its languages so that they may grow in their comprehension and appreciation of redemptive history and be adequately prepared to promote and defend the faith through word and action. Michael resides in Grand Rapids, MI, with his wife, Dawn.
- Publish Date09/15/2020
- Format Leathersoft™
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)8.01 lb
- Font Size 9pt
- Price $66.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.