Known by Name: Naomi with DVD: When I Feel Worthless, God Says I’m Enough
- Regular price
- Sale price
The women in the Bible asked the same three questions we all still ask today: How does everyone else see me? How do I see myself? How does God see me?
Naomi’s story, found in the book of Ruth, is a story of lost identity. She lost her husband and her sons, which in her culture left her completely without a home or a means to support herself. She was a Hebrew woman in Moabite territory, alone among strangers. She reacted by letting her circumstances define her. But even in her angry, fearful, rather dramatic season of feeling like the victim, God kept showing his faithfulness.
This Bible study will take you through Naomi’s journey from comfort and security to despair and bitterness; from hopeless drifting to faithful obedience; and from loss to redemption in one short lifetime. We’ll learn that when we go through trauma, loss, and hardship, it’s normal to feel Just. So. Done. Yet God remains close. He is not done. He can and will redeem even in our darkest circumstances.
- When Hard Times Hit (26:00)
- Behind the Scenes (17:00)
- Better than Being Fixed (17:00)
- From Bitter to Blessed (19:00)
This pack contains one book and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kasey Van Norman , Jada Edwards , Nicole Johnson , Karen Lee-Thorp
- About the Contributor(s) Kasey Van Norman is a professional counselor, Bible teacher, and the author of the books and study series, Named by...
Kasey Van Norman is a professional counselor, Bible teacher, and the author of the books and study series, Named by God and Raw Faith. Kasey writes and teaches about the love that redeemed her life from the shame of past abuse, addiction, infidelity, and, strengthened her through a life-threatening cancer diagnosis. Kasey is the founder of Northway Farms; a non-profit serving homeless women in her community. She travels and teaches thousands each year as a ministry event speaker. She lives in College Station, Texas with her husband, Justin, and their two children, Emma Grace and Lake.
Jada Edwards is an experienced Bible teacher, author, and speaker who has committed her life to equipping women of all ages with practical, biblical truth. Alongside her husband, Conway Edwards, the Senior Pastor, she serves as the Women’s Pastor and Director of Creative Services at One Community Church in Plano, Texas. Jada teaches a midweek women’s Bible study and is the author of the book Captive Mind and a contributing teacher In the Known by Name Bible study series. She and her husband have a son, Joah, and a daughter, Chloe.
Nicole Johnson, author of Fresh Brewed Life, has a uniquely creative voice. As an accomplished writer, speaker, and actor, Nicole has performed in thousands of churches and venues over the last twenty-five years, including more than a decade of touring with the national conference Women of Faith. Nicole lives in Santa Monica, CA with her husband and two children. Nicole writes regularly at www.nicolejohnson.org
Karen Lee-Thorp was a senior editor at NavPress for many years and series editor for the LifeChange Bible study series. She is now a freelance writer living in Brea, California, with her husband, Greg Herr, and their daughters, Megan and Marissa. show more
- Publish Date01/15/2019
- Series Known by Name
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.57 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)13.7 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $19.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.