How to Raise a Gentleman Revised and Expanded: A Civilized Guide to Helping Your Son Through His Uncivilized Childhood
- Regular price
- Sale price
An invaluable resource for parents who hope their little boys will grow up to be the kind of men who know which fork to use, how to treat others, and generally make their parents proud.
Somewhere amid the tangle of video game controllers and muddy sneakers, there’s a nice boy. And somewhere within that nice boy is a gentleman just waiting to emerge. For at least eighteen years, you’ll have the pleasure of coaxing him out, little by little. You’ll make sure he knows how to act at a formal dinner, and you’ll explain to him that answering a telephone should never involve the words “yeah” or “hang on.” And eventually, you’ll be confident that he can react maturely when his team loses in overtime or when he meets a girl he likes. He’ll know which fork to use, how to dress on an airplane, and when it’s appropriate to speak up for himself and others. Let Kay West guide you through his transformation from boy to gentleman, and watch his young life flourish.
- Contributor(s)Kay West
- About the Contributor(s) Kay West is a writer and publicist who lives in Nashville. She is the food critic for The Nashville Scene...Kay West is a writer and publicist who lives in Nashville. She is the food critic for The Nashville Scene , and was formerly the society editor for The Nashville Banner . She is the mother of two perfectly behaved children, Joy, age 11, and Harry, age 8. show more
- Publish Date01/03/2012
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Series The GentleManners Series
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.74 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.78 lb
- Dimensions 8.3(h) x 4.88(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $11.89
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.