Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures: Using Hebrew Tools without Mastering Biblical Hebrew
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures features 21 lessons (on 3 DVDs), each corresponding to a chapter in the accompanying textbook Hebrew for the Rest of Us by Hebrew scholar and teacher Lee M. Fields.
The lectures offer an engaging and accessible introduction for English-only readers that will help you learn the essentials of biblical Hebrew so you can better understand the language of the Old Testament. The lectures will teach you how to:
- Recite the Hebrew alphabet
- Read and pronounce Hebrew words
- Learn the Hebrew noun and verbal system
- Conduct effective Hebrew word studies
- Decipher why translations are different
- Read better commentaries Understand the information displayed by Bible software
The Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures are designed with the learner in mind; each lecture is approximately 20 minutes in length. These lectures are an indispensable resource that will help you gain a sound knowledge of basic Hebrew so you can learn how to use tools that will add muscle to your Bible studies.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - It Doesn't Look Like Greek to Me: The Hebrew Alphabet (32 min)
2 - Whose Language is Dead?: The History of Hebrew (26 min)
3 - Get the Point?: The Hebrew Vowels (26 min)
4 - Canon, Text, and Versions (23 min)
5 - Getting to the Root of the Matter: Hebrew Word Roots (24 min)
6 - "Yes, Virginia, There Are ... Clauses" (13 min)
7 - Wow!: The Conjunction Waw and Friends (27 min)
8 - Prepositions Come Before (11 min)
9 - What's in a Name?: Overview of Nominals (9 min)
10 - Be Sure You Read This!: The Article (14 min)
11 - A Tale of Two States: Case Functions (32 min)
12 - An Apt Description: Adjectives (25 min)
13 - Where the Action Is: Overview of Verbs (23 min)
14 - When the Perfect Comes: Perfect Forms (19 min)
15 - There's Nothing Wrong with ... Imperfect Forms (14 min)
16 - Where There's a Will, There Are ... Volitional Forms (17 min)
17 - To Infinitives and Beyond!: Infinitives and Participles (16 min)
18 - What Do You Mean?: Hebrew Word Studies (31 min)
19 - Tools of the Trade: Books in Paper and Electronic Form (6 min)
20 - If It's Not Poetry, It's ... Hebrew Prose (20 min)
21 - It May Not Rhyme, But It's Still ... Hebrew Poetry (20 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lee M. Fields
- About the Contributor(s) Lee M. Fields is a trained Hebrew scholar with a PhD from Hebrew Union College. He is Professor of Bible...
Lee M. Fields is a trained Hebrew scholar with a PhD from Hebrew Union College. He is Professor of Bible and Theology at Mid-Atlantic Christian University (formerly Roanoke Bible College), in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.show more
- Publish Date01/24/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.3 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)8.99 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Running Time07:30:00
- Price $52.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.