- Regular price
- Sale price
Many readers today find the Old Testament a closed book. The cultural issues seem insurmountable and they are easily baffled by that which seems obscure. Furthermore, without knowledge of the ancient culture, we can easily impose our own culture on the text, potentially distorting it.
The Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary invites you to enter the Old Testament with a company of guides, experts that will give new insights into these cherished writings.
Genesis features include:
• Numerous photographs, drawings, maps, diagrams and charts provide a visual feast that breathes fresh life into the text.
• Passage-by-passage commentary presenting archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, notes on manners and customs, and more.
• Analysis into the literature of the ancient Near East that will open your eyes to new depths of understanding both familiar and unfamiliar passages.
- Contributor(s)John H. Walton
- About the Contributor(s) John H. WaltonJohn H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He... John H. Walton
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God’s Purpose, God’s Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.show more
- Publish Date05/07/2013
- Series Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.01 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.45 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 7.38(w) x 0.44(d) inches
- Price $11.89
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!