Joshua (2-Volume Set—7A and 7B): Second Edition
- Regular price
- Sale price
Trent C. Butler's excellent commentary on Joshua is updated and revised. This new edition takes into account the most recent scholarly work on the book of Joshua. The commentary includes Butler's translation of the text, explanatory notes, and commentary to help any professor, student, or pastor with research and writing.
-solid biblical scholarship for teachers, pastors, and students
-updated bibliography commentary for deeper study
-thorough coverage of the biblical languages
-close analysis of ancient manuscripts of Joshua
The Word Biblical Commentary series offers the best in critical scholarship firmly committed to the authority of Scripture as divine revelation. It is perfect for scholars, students of the Bible, ministers, and anyone who wants a theological understanding of Scripture.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Trent C. Butler , Nancy L. deClaisse-Walford , Peter H. Davids
- About the Contributor(s) Trent C. Butler is a freelance author and editor. He served ten years on the faculty of the International Baptist...
Trent C. Butler is a freelance author and editor. He served ten years on the faculty of the International Baptist Theological Seminary in Rüschilkon, Switzerland, and for twenty-two years as editor and editorial director for Holman Bible Publishers and LifeWay. He wrote the Word Biblical Commentary volume on Joshua, the Layman’s Bible Book Commentary on Isaiah, the Holman Old Testament Commentaries on Isaiah and Hosea through Micah, and the Holman New Testament Commentary on Luke. He served on the editorial Board of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and edited the Holman Bible Dictionary. Dr. Butler has a Ph.D. in biblical studies and linguistics from Vanderbilt University, has done further study at Heidelberg and Zurich, and has participated in the excavation of Beersheba.
Nancy L. deClaissé-Walford (PhD, Baylor University) is the Carolyn Ward Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at the McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the author of Reading from the Beginning: The Shaping of the Hebrew Psalter, Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Textbook, Introduction to the Psalms: A Song from Ancient Israel, and The Book of Psalms (NICOT).
Peter H. Davids (PhD, University of Manchester) is visiting professor in Christianity at Houston Baptist University and visiting professor of Bible and applied theology Houston Graduate School of Theology. He is author of numerous books, including Reading Jude with New Eyes, The Epistle of James (NIGTC), The Epistle of 1 Peter (NICNT), James (NIBC), and A Biblical Theology of James, Peter, and Jude. He coedited with Ralph P. Martin The Dictionary of the Latter New Testament and Its Developments.show more
- Publish Date11/25/2014
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Word Biblical Commentary
- Format Hardcover Set
- Weight (lbs)3.5 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.01 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 2.75(d) inches
- Price $52.50
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.