Keep It Shut Study Guide with DVD: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing At All
- Regular price
- Sale price
From Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words: what to say and how to say it. What not to say. When it is best to remain silent. Or what to do when you’ve said something you wish you could now take back.
Beyond just a “How not to gossip” study, Karen will teach what the Bible says about the many ways we are to use our words and the times when we are to remain silent. Using our speech to interact with friends, co-workers, family and strangers will be covered along with the many places we use our words such as in private, in public, online and in prayer. Even the words we say silently to ourselves. Unsolicited opinion-slinging, speaking the truth in love, not saying words just to people-please and dealing with our verbal anger are sub-topics that will also be addressed.
Each session will feature a different character from the Bible, using them either as an example of someone to emulate or whose verbal actions we should avoid replicating.
- Sparks, Squabbles, Spats, and Such: Our Words Matter (19:00)
- On Filling Gaps and Zipping Lips: Listen to Others, Talk to God (18:00)
- Opinion-Slinging and Salty Speech: Assessing Our Digital Tongues (22:00)
- Gossip, Flattery, and People-Pleasing: How to Speak the Truth in Love (22:00)
- Pause Before You Pounce: On Cultivating Soft Speech (23:00)
- As Sweet as Honey: Wonderful Ways to Use Your Words (23:00)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Karen Ehman
- About the Contributor(s) Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times bestselling author, and a writer for First 5,...
Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times bestselling author, and a writer for First 5, a Bible study app that reaches over 2 million people daily. She has written thirteen books including Let. It. Go., Keep It Shut, and Pressing Pause. Her passion is to help women to live their priorities as they reflect the gospel to a watching world. Married to her college sweetheart, Todd, and the mother of three, she enjoys antique hunting, cheering for the Detroit Tigers, and feeding the many people who gather around her kitchen island for a taste of Mama Karen's cooking. Connect with her at www.karenehman.comshow more
- Publish Date01/20/2015
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.64 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.34 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $19.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.