The Discussing Mere Christianity Study Guide with DVD: Exploring the History, Meaning, and Relevance of C.S. Lewis's Greatest Book
- Regular price
- Sale price
In this eight-session video group study, you will discover why Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis is one of the most read and beloved Christian books of all time. But seventy years later from when it was first delivered on radio, what relevance does it have to our world today? Host Eric Metaxas and a variety of Christian leaders−including Philip Yancey, Alister McGrath, Devin Brown, Paul McCusker, Douglas Gresham, and others−help us understand the timeless message of C. S. Lewis in fresh ways for a new generation.
The first purpose of this video study is to explore the positive ideas that C.S. Lewis has so eloquently written about in Mere Christianity for those who already call themselves Christian. The second purpose is to explain in an engaging, winsome and non-threatening way the basic tenets of the Christian faith as illustrated by C.S. Lewis to those who do not claim to be Christian. This study aims to fulfill the vision of C.S. Lewis of reaching people from all faith backgrounds.
- Our Sense of Right and Wrong (22:00)
- What's Behind Our Sense of Right and Wrong (20:00)
- The Rival Conceptions of God (19:00)
- Free Will and the Shocking Alternative ( 22:00)
- Christian Behavior and the Great Sin of Pride (21:00)
- The Christian Virtue of Hope (20:00)
- God in Three Persons ( 22:00)
- Counting the Cost (25:00)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Devin Brown , Eric Metaxas
- About the Contributor(s) Devin Brown is a Lilly Scholar and Professor of English at Asbury University. He is an expert on C. S....
Devin Brown is a Lilly Scholar and Professor of English at Asbury University. He is an expert on C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien and the author of nine books, among them the most recent biographies written on the two authors. He has served as Scholar-in-Residence at The Kilns, Lewis's home in Oxford, and was a contributor to The Screwtape Letters: Annotated Edition and a member of the Advisory Board for The C. S. Lewis Bible.
Eric Metaxas is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther, If You Can Keep It, Miracles, Seven Women, Seven Men, andAmazing Grace. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages. His writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and the New Yorker, and Metaxas has appeared as a cultural commentator on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC. He is the host of The Eric Metaxas Radio Show, a daily nationally syndicated show aired in 120 U.S. cities and on TBN. Metaxas is also the founder of Socrates in the City, the acclaimed series of conversations on “life, God, and other small topics,” featuring Malcolm Gladwell, Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, Baroness Caroline Cox, and Dick Cavett, among many others. He is a senior fellow and lecturer at large at the King’s College in Manhattan, where he lives with his wife and daughter.show more
- Publish Date07/14/2015
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.48 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)11.53 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $29.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.