- Regular price
- Sale price
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition—Numbers-Ruth—in The Expositor’s Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in reader’s hands.
Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. Its fifty-six contributors, thirty of whom are new, represent the best in evangelical scholarship committed to the full authority of the Bible.
The thoroughly revised features include:
- Comprehensive introductions
- Short and precise bibliographies
- Detailed outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
- Contributor(s)Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland , Ronald B. Allen , Michael Alan Grisanti , Helene Dallaire , Mark J. Boda , George Schwab
- About the Contributor(s) Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in...
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.
Ronald B. Allen is senior professor of Bible exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary. He earned a Th.M. degree (1968) and Th.D. degree (1973) from Dallas in studies in biblical Hebrew. He has also been awarded the D.D. degree from Rocky Mountain Bible College and Seminary (2009). Dr. Allen has written more than a dozen books, principally on the Psalms and worship, as well as the commentary on the book of Numbers (EBC Revised). Ron has been married to Beverly for forty-nine years. They have four grown children, three of whom are married, and ten grandchildren.
Michael A. Grisanti is Professor of Old Testament at The Master’s Seminary. He has written numerous journal and periodical articles and assisted in various editorial projects including contributions to The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (Zondervan, 1997) and Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible.
Mark J. Boda (PhD, University of Cambridge) is Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew at McMaster Divinity College in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. An ordained minister, he enjoys regular preaching opportunities across Canada. He is the author of Praying the Tradition and the editor of a collection of scholarly essays on Zechariah 9-14, Bringing Out the Treasure.
George M. Schwab, PhD from Westminster Theological Seminary, presently associate professor of Old Testament at Erskine Theological Seminary. show more
- Publish Date10/23/2012
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)5.08 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.48 lb
- Dimensions 9.38(h) x 7.6(w) x 2.6(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $41.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.