Preaching God's Word Video Lectures: A Hands-On Approach to Preparing, Developing, and Delivering the Sermon
- Regular price
- Sale price
Good preaching begins with good exegesis. Preaching God's Word Video Lectures - a companion to the second edition of the widely used textbook Preaching God's Word - provides 15 lessons, each corresponding to a chapter in the textbook. Professors Terry Carter, Scott Duvall, and Daniel Hays walk you through the steps of the "Interpretive Journey" from the biblical text to contemporary application.
Carter, Duvall, and Hays also show viewers how to understand their audience, develop powerful applications, use illustrations well, and deliver sermons effectively. The concluding lectures discuss unique preaching challenges presented by various biblical genres, providing interpretive keys, things to avoid, and numerous examples.
Preaching God's Word Video Lectures is designed to help preachers and homiletics students - whether they are participating in traditional, distance, or online learning courses - develop and deliver biblically based expository sermons relevant for the twenty-first century.
Session titles and runtimes:
1 - Preaching a Biblical Sermon (24 min)
2 - Discovering Biblical Truth (35 min)
3 - Preaching the Meaning in Their Town (20 min)
4 - Exegeting the Audience (16 min)
5 - Communicating the Meaning in Our Town (18 min)
6 - Applying the Message (18 min)
7 - Illustrating Biblical Truth (13 min)
8 - Delivering a Biblical Sermon (24 min)
9 - Preaching Letters (21 min)
10 - Preaching the Gospels and Acts (25 min)
11 - Preaching Revelation (26 min)
12 - Preaching Old Testament Narrative (19 min)
13 - Preaching the Law (21 min)
14 - Preaching the Prophets (22 min)
15 - Preaching Psalms and Wisdom Literature (22 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Terry G. Carter , J. Scott Duvall , J. Daniel Hays
- About the Contributor(s) Terry G. Carter (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is chair of the department of Christian ministries and holder of the...
Terry G. Carter (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is chair of the department of Christian ministries and holder of the W.O. Vaught Chair in the Pruet School of Christian Studies at Ouachita Baptist University. He teaches homiletics, pastoral ministry, Christian history, evangelism and church growth, missions, and survey of the Bible. He is author of The Journal and Selected Letters of William Carey.
J. Scott Duvall (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor of New Testament at Ouachita Baptist University. He is the coauthor with George H. Guthrie of Biblical Greek Exegesis: A Graded Approach to Learning Intermediate and Advanced Greek and with Terry G. Carter and J. Daniel Hays of the textbook Preaching God's Word: A Hands on Approach to Preparing, Developing and Delivering the Sermon.
- From Every People and Nation, and he has coauthored Grasping God's Word; Preaching God's Word; Journey into God’s Word; The Story of Israel: A Biblical Theology; Iraq: Babylon of the End Times?; Apocalypse; and The Dictionary of Biblical Prophecy. He teaches adult Sunday school at his local church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and preaches frequently throughout the nation.
- Publish Date01/30/2018
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.23 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.88 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.6(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.