NRSV, The C. S. Lewis Bible, Hardcover: For Reading, Reflection, and Inspiration
- Regular price
- Sale price
Invite C. S. Lewis into your reading of Scripture
C.S. Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most thought provoking and influential Christian writer of his day. For over forty years, generations of readers have found insight and inspiration from his uniquely articulate view of God’s interaction in the world and in our lives. The NRSV C. S. Lewis Bible provides readings comprised of selections from Lewis’s celebrated spiritual classics, a collection that includes Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, A Grief Observed, The Weight of Glory and The Abolition of Man, as well as letters, poetry, and Lewis’s less-familiar works.
Each reading in this NRSV Bible, paired alongside relevant passages in the Bible, offers C.S. Lewis as a companion to your daily meditation of Scripture. As you engage in your devotional Bible reading, you will also gain insight from his writings and spiritual journey as you invite Lewis into your spiritual discipline.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Over 600 selections from C.S. Lewis for contemplation and devotional reading
- Introductory essays on C.S. Lewis’s view of Scripture
- Indexes to guide you to each each reading
- Concordance to help you find familiar biblical words and passages
- Double-column format
- Presentation page
- Contributor(s)C. S. Lewis
- About the Contributor(s) Clive Staples Lewis was born in 1898. Known as "Jack" by his friends, Lewis and his good friend J.R.R. Tolkien,...
Clive Staples Lewis was born in 1898. Known as "Jack" by his friends, Lewis and his good friend J.R.R. Tolkien, the author of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, were part of a writer's club, The Inklings, who would meet at the local pub to discuss story ideas. Lewis's fascination with fairytales, myths, and ancient legends coupled with inspiration drawn from his childhood led him to write The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, one of the best-loved books of all time. Six further books in the immensely popular Chronicles of Narnia followed, and the final title, The Last Battle, received the Carnegie Award, one of the highest marks of excellence in children's literature.
- Publish Date10/26/2010
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)2.44 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.29 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 7.75(w) x 1.38(d) inches
- Price $26.59
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!