Modern culture would have you believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that marriage does not mean 'til death do us part, but merely for as long as my needs are being met; and that when serious differences arise, divorce is the best solution.
According to the Bible, all of these modern-day assumptions miss what marriage is all about. In The Meaning of Marriage—a six-session video-based Bible study—Timothy Keller, along with Kathy, his wife of forty years, draws a profound portrait of marriage from the pages of Scripture that neither idealizes nor rejects the institution but points us back to the relationship between God and man. The result is a vision for marriage that is refreshingly frank and unsentimental, yet hopeful and beautiful.
This six-session video Bible study is for anyone from singles to couples considering marriage to those who have been married recently or for a long time.
- Service: Marriage Isn't about You (24:00)
- Covenant: Created to Make Promises (20:00)
- Roles: Loving through Mutual Submission (25:00)
- Singleness: Strengthening the Spiritual Family (23:00)
- Sex: The Act of Covenant Renewal (20:00)
- Hope: Seeing the Great Horizon (23:00)
Pack contains one study guide and one DVD.