Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary in Context: Building Competency with Words Occurring 50 Times or More
- Regular price
- Sale price
Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary in Context by Miles V. Van Pelt and Gary D. Pratico is a biblical Hebrew language resource designed to reinforce a student's basic vocabulary by reading words that occur fifty times or more in the context of the Hebrew Bible. All 642 of these Hebrew words have been collated into 195 key biblical verses and/or verse fragments to help students practice and retain their Hebrew vocabulary. In lieu of rote memorization, Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary in Context reinforces essential vocabulary by reading words in the context of the Hebrew Bible. The book includes two primary sections. The first section provides room for students to write their own glosses of the biblical verse and to parse as they feel necessary. An English translation is also provided and any term that appears less than fifty times is glossed. Proper names are identified with gray text. The second section of the book provides the same biblical verses from the first section but with minimal room to write glosses and parse and without an English translation for aid. The end of the book includes a Hebrew-English lexicon of all the words occurring fifty times or more in the Hebrew Bible.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Miles V. Van Pelt , Gary D. Pratico
- About the Contributor(s) Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at...
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as academic dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Gary D. Pratico (ThD, Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is coauthor with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.show more
- Publish Date07/09/2019
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)44.22 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.42(d) inches
- Price $11.89
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.