Basics of Hebrew Discourse: A Guide to Working with Hebrew Prose and Poetry
- Regular price
- Sale price
Basics of Hebrew Discourse: A Guide to Working with Hebrew Prose and Poetry by Matthew H. Patton, Frederic Clarke Putnam, and Miles V. Van Pelt is a syntax resource for intermediate Hebrew students. This Basics book introduces students to the principles and exegetical benefits of discourse analysis (text linguistics) when applied to biblical Hebrew prose and poetry. Where standard Hebrew reference grammars have traditionally worked to describe the relationship between words and phrases within discrete clauses (micro syntax), discourse analysis works to describe those relationships that exist between clauses and texts (macro syntax).
This resource fills a needed gap for intermediate Hebrew students and gives them the tools to work with Hebrew syntax on the macro level. Professors and pastors working with Hebrew will also find this one-of-a-kind resource highly valuable.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Matthew Howard Patton , Frederic Clarke Putnam , Miles V. Van Pelt
- About the Contributor(s) Matthew H. Patton (PhD, Wheaton College) is the pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Ohio.Frederic Clarke Putnam (PhD, Annenberg...
Matthew H. Patton (PhD, Wheaton College) is the pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Ohio.
Frederic Clarke Putnam (PhD, Annenberg Research Institute) is associate professor of Bible & liberal studies, The Templeton Honors College at Eastern University. He has taught Hebrew grammar, discourse, and exegesis since 1984, and has published three previous books on biblical Hebrew. He and his family live in southeast Pennsylvania.
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as academic dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.show more
- Publish Date11/26/2019
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.68(d) inches
- Price $20.99
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.