The Expositor's Bible Commentary - Abridged Edition: Old Testament
- Regular price
- Sale price
All the verse-by-verse insights of the 6-volume Expositor's Bible Commentary Old Testament set--in one convenient volume.
When you want to dig more deeply into the meaning of God's Word, a good expository Bible commentary is ideal. You want more than simple commentary that just scratches the surface. But you don’t want a time-consuming multi-volume set laden with fine points you can't use. The Expositor's Bible Commentary Abridged Edition: Old Testament is tailor-made for you. Based on the critically acclaimed Expositor's Bible Commentary used by pastors, students, and scholars across the world, this single volume abridged edition offers you the full, penetrating, verse-by-verse commentary of the full series while leaving out needless technical details. Marshalling the knowledge of thirty top Old Testament scholars, it brings tremendous insight to your Bible studies. This commentary features:
- Verse-by-verse exposition of the entire Old Testament
- Over 100 in-text charts, maps, tables, and pictures
- Goodrick/Kohlenberger numbers for cross-referencing the Zondervan NIV Exhaustive Concordance and other G/K-numbered resources
- Contributor(s)Kenneth L. Barker , John R. Kohlenberger III , Verlyn Verbrugge , Richard Polcyn
- About the Contributor(s) Kenneth L. Barker (PhD, Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning) is an author, lecturer, biblical scholar, and the general...Kenneth L. Barker (PhD, Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning) is an author, lecturer, biblical scholar, and the general editor of the NIV Study Bible.
John R. Kohlenberger III (MA, Western Seminary) is the author or coeditor of more than three dozen biblical reference books and study Bibles, including The Strongest Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament, NRSV Concordance Unabridged, Greek-English Concordance to the New Testament, Hebrew-English Concordance to the Old Testament, and the award-winning NIV Exhaustive Concordance and Expositor's Bible Commentary: Abridged Edition. He has taught at Multnomah Bible College and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon.
Verlyn D. Verbrugge (PhD, University of Notre Dame) served as senior editor-at-large for biblical and theological resources at Zondervan until his death in 2015. He published a number of articles and was general editor of the acclaimed New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Abridged Edition. He is the author of several books, including Paul and Money and A Not-So-Silent-Night.
Richard Polcyn (Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary) edited the Old Testament volume. He was an editor for Union Gospel Press and continues to work as a freelance editor. show more
- Publish Date04/15/2004
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)3.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.0 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 6.5(w) x 1.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $52.49
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!