Evidence That Demands a Verdict Study Guide: Jesus and the Gospels
- Regular price
- Sale price
Articulate your faith to a skeptical world.
For more than forty years, Evidence That Demands a Verdict has convinced skeptics of the Bible’s reliability, helped believers articulate their faith, and given them the vital facts they need to defend God’s Word and lead others to faith in Jesus.
In this video Bible study, based on the completely updated and expanded classic, Josh and his son, Sean, focus on Jesus and the Gospels. Learn how the books of the New Testament came into being and why you can be sure they are historically reliable. Examine why the claims Jesus made about himself are true, how he fulfilled Old Testament prophecies about himself, and how we can know the resurrection took place.
This study is for anyone who has ever been stumped by arguments against Christianity or the Bible–or has wondered for themselves if the Bible’s depiction of Jesus is true and not just a made-up fairytale.
The Evidence That Demands a Verdict Study Guide includes video notes and discussion questions for groups and individuals and between-session exercises for personal application.
- Why Is Evidence Important for Faith?
- Is There Such a Thing as Truth?
- Is the New Testament Reliable?
- Did Jesus Actually Rise from the Dead?
- Did Jesus Claim to Be God?
- How Do We Know the Bible is Accurate?
Designed for use with Evidence That Demands a Verdict Video Study (9780310096740), sold separately.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Josh McDowell , Sean McDowell
- About the Contributor(s) As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged...
As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged to intellectually examine the claims of Christianity, Josh discovered compelling and overwhelming evidence for the reliability of the Christian faith. After trusting in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, Josh’s life changed dramatically as he experienced the power of God’s love. After his conversion, Josh committed his life to telling a doubting world about the truth of Jesus Christ. After studying at Kellogg College, Josh completed his college degree at Wheaton College and then attended Talbot Theological Seminary, graduating magna cum laude with a Masters of Divinity. Working with Campus Crusade for Christ and founding the youth outreach, Josh McDowell Ministry, Josh has shared the gospel with more than 25 million people in 125 countries. He is the author or co-author of 147 books.
Dr. Sean McDowell is a gifted communicator with a passion for equipping the church, especially young people, to make the case for the Christian faith. He connects with audiences through humor and stories while imparting hard evidence and logical support of a biblical worldview. Sean is an assistant professor in Biola University’s Christian Apologetics program and the resident scholar for Summit California. A regular speaker for organizations like Focus on the Family, the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview, and Youth Specialties, among others, Sean is the author, co-author, or editor of over eighteen books and is a frequent guest on radio shows like Family Life Today and Point of View.show more
- Publish Date06/25/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)52.05 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.4(d) inches
- Price $5.85
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.