Believing Jesus Study Guide: A Journey Through the Book of Acts
- Regular price
- Sale price
What does it mean to believe Jesus? Not just believe in Jesus, but actually believe what He said—and shape our lives around that truth? How would that affect the choices we make? The way we see the world? The way we conduct ourselves with other Christians?
In this eight-session video Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), Lisa Harper answers these questions by looking at the lives of the believers in Acts and how Jesus’ command to spread the gospel forever shaped their lives. You will hear how Peter turned tables on his Benedict-Arnold behavior and became a church-building saint when the power of the Holy Spirit came over him. How the first believers were so gifted at giving they made Santa look bush league. How it cost Stephen and other early believers their very lives to follow Christ. And how Paul’s case proves God’s grace can change the worst of sinners, making us willing to have our lives interrupted by God and boldly share the gospel to the world.
Today, we are faced with the same decisions the early church faced. Will we, like them, truly believe the words of Jesus and allow them to transform every part of our lives?
- The Declarations that Define Us
- Earth, Wind, and Celestial Fire
- Checkered Pasts Can Make Incredible Preachers
- What’s Mine Is Yours
- Loving More People, More
- The Need to Be ReGospeled
- Turning Your World Upside Down
- Bearing the Chain Because
Designed for use with the Believing Jesus Video Study (sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lisa Harper
- About the Contributor(s) Lisa Harper is a hilarious storyteller and theological scholar—a gifted communicator whose writing and speaking overflows with colorful, pop-culture references...Lisa Harper is a hilarious storyteller and theological scholar—a gifted communicator whose writing and speaking overflows with colorful, pop-culture references that connect the dots between the Bible era and modern life. Her God-given ability to not merely teach the Word but package it in a way that stirs the heart and calls to action is incomparable. For six years Lisa served as the director of Focus on the Family's national women's ministry where she created the popular Renewing the Heart conferences. The next six years foundher serving on the local level as the women's ministry director at a large church in Nashville. As the author of nine books, and a Masters of Theological Studies with honors from Covenant Seminary, she is now a sought-after Bible teacher and speaker currently featured on the Women of Faith®< sup> tour. show more
- Publish Date08/18/2015
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)25.71 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 7.25(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $9.09
add corresponding quantity to see pricing
Ordering more than 2,000? Call 800-727-3480 to save even more!